Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Hawley MN Update: Vickie


Happy New Year Sisters!
                  Our new year brought us new joy with the birth of our grandson Jaxon , August 12,  just one day from Grandma’s birthday.  He is so fun and with Amanda living in Hawley we see him at least three nights a week. 
                  Our grandsons are our joy these days.  Our Carter is now 2 years old and talking.  He loves Nana’s pancakes, so of course I have to make them every time he comes to visit. 
                  Our children are still in their same jobs, although our youngest, Andrew, has moved to his own apartment.  He conveniently lives across the street from Hooters.  He doesn’t have cable, so he is at the nearest place that has a TV quite often.  Any guesses where?
                  This past summer, we rented a lake home for a week and had the best times with our kids.  I wish we could buy a place, but Chuck won’t let me since it is his busiest season.
                  Its hard to believe that I can retire in three years, but I don’t think I will.  I love my job and I thoroughly enjoy the union work I do, so why leave something I enjoy.
                  Chuck just had rotator cuff surgery, so it had better not snow too much, because I don’t know how to run a tractor.  I could use the snow blower in town with no problems, but a tractor, I don’t think so…..

                  I hope you new year will be as exciting as ours is and please call me when the DZ get together is in the cities, I do have personal days coming.  On a side note, our own Melinda Haun is now the CEO of Fargo-Moorhead Untied Way.

Vickie Quiner Carlson

No comments:

Post a Comment