Wednesday, January 12, 2011

St.Paul, MN Update: Linda Johnson


Happy 2011 to all,

2010 in Review….
Ice Fishing Catch
January, February and March were spent ice fishing
January – Vikings/Games Enchilada Party

Vikings Enchilada Party
March- My mom’s 80th birthday party in International Falls – had a great turn out and we ran out of food.
May – Fishing opener on Rainy Lake in International Falls

I caught the first fish on Opener
June- my mom found our she had a cancerous cyst on her brain and had surgery

July – 4th of July in Balsam Lake WI and a week’s vacation in International Falls
4th of July
July 31st - I was struck by a car while walking in a parking lot – broken right ankle and non weight bearing for 6 weeks  (put an end to my summer!)
Pink Cast

August – Spent 9 days in I Falls after my mom went back into the hospital and was diagnosed as terminal

September 1st – my mom passed away
Sept 17th – got rid of cast on my leg, got crutches and a boot
September 27th – Went back to work, got rid of the boot but have a brace, was able to drive again
October -15th – got rid of crutches

November – New roof on the garage
December Blizzard
December Blizzard – 20+ inches of snow
December 29th – Ice dams and water damage in the house.  Dealing with the insurance company now and getting a plan together to repair the damage.

I am hoping 2011 will be a better year for me and all of you.  I went down and joined the health club in my building and my goal is to go 3-4 times a week after work.  I gained 30 lbs while “off my feet”.

I had the opportunity to meet up with Jarby for lunch the beginning of November.  Great to catch up!!!

We should get a gathering together again…..maybe in the early spring.

Running short on time and very busy at work.

Love in Delta Zeta,

Linda (Hopke) Johnson
Linda Johnson
Sunset on Rainy Lake
1755 Ames Place
St. Paul, MN 55106
651-238-3191 Cell
952-837-8595 Work



Rainy River Fishing in July
Susan Island on Rainy Lake
Nancy's Cabin on Rainy Lake





No comments:

Post a Comment